6 april 2009

Iets nieuws - something new


Nu ik mijn hoofd breek over het thema Sporen voor de tentoonstelling in 2010 en het been van de jongen in mijn stormquilt (wat moet ik er mee doen zodat zijn linkerbeen er goed uit komt te zien), heb ik besloten om met iets nieuws te beginnen. Iets om mijn hoofd even ergens anders bij te hebben.

As I am breaking my head over the theme Traces/Tracks for the exhibition in 2010 and the leg of the boy in my Storm quilt (what to do, so it really looks like a good left leg) , I decided to do something new. Just to have something else on my mind.

En ik wilde jullie ook de hoekjes van de quilt laten zien die ik laatst heb afgemaakt. Ik had moeite met de afwerking. Wietske en Sandra hebben mij beide op weg geholpen en mij geleerd om dit netjes te doen. Dit is hoe het er nu uitziet. De achterzijde heb ik met de hand gedaan (Dat moet je maar geloven, want het staat niet op de foto :-)). Het was in elk geval een stuk gemakkelijker dan ik dacht en ik vind dat het er zo mooi uitziet. Veel beter dan hoe ik het eerst deed. Dit zal de kwaliteit van mijn quilts echt omhoog halen. Bedankt Sandra en Wietske!

And I wanted to show the corners of the quilt I finished. I had trouble with the binding. Wietske and Sandra both helped me on my way to learn to do it properly. This is what it looks like. I did the back by hand (you have to believe me, it is not on the picture ;-)). It is actually easy to do it this way and I like the outcome. It looks so much better then the way I did it before. This will lift up the quality of my quilts. Thank you Sandra and Wietske!

4 opmerkingen:

Lynn Cohen zei

Lovely mitered corners just like my first teacher taught us...however I have never been able to do them perfectly. Yours are!

The green is lovely too..

Good luck with the pieces that are giving you trouble...am sure you will work it all out to perfection soon enough.

TracyB zei

Beautiful, beautiful greens!! :)

Emmy zei

hee wat zien ik een mooie groene quilt en mooie hoekjes

Gudonya! zei

BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors!!

By the looks of those corners, you are doing a WONderful job, Corryna! I believe from your description that this is the same way I do my bindings. I love how perfect they look on the front and then how relaxing it is (and faster than I thought it would be) to sew the back binding by hand. I'm looking forward to learning more about you through your blog.

Hugs...debmarie :o)