3 januari 2009

Mijn Exquisite Corps Textile is thuis - My Exquisite Corps is home


Vandaag kreeg ik mjin Exquisite Corps terug met de post. Ik was zo opgetogen. Alle deelnemers moesten hun deel afdekken met een stuk stof. Het was zo leuk om de stof weg te halen om te kunnen zien wat er onder zit. En er is zo veel te zien!. Alle verschillende technieken. Te interpretaties. En ik moest lachen toen ik zag dat Gail een kleine baby had toegevoegd. Deze hoorde niet bij het oorspronkelijke ontwerp, dus het was een verrassing.
Mijn design werkt niet goed, zie ik, maar ik ben toch blij dat ik heb meegedaan. Ik vind het leuk om te zien wat ieder heeft gemaakt. Het was leuk om te doen. Om deze Exquisite Corps zal ik een rand maken. Het stuk is voor mij een herinnering aan dit leuke project. Om meer te zien kun je op de foto klikken.

Met de klok mee , beginnend in de linkerbovenhoek, zijn de delen gevuld door: MaryAnn Richardson, Linda Frear, Deirdre Abbots, Gail V, Leslie Cohen en ikzelf. Het stelt een kerkraam voor met zonnestralen en een vrouw die ligt te slapen.

With the clock, starting from the left upper corner, the parts were filled by: MaryAnn Richardson, Linda Frear, Deirdre Abbots, Gail V, Leslie Cohen and I. The design is a church window with sunbeams and a sleeping woman.

Today the postman brought back my Exquisite Corps. I was so excited! All members had to cover up their section with fabric. It is so much fun to explore what is underneath all that. And there is so much to see. All those different kind of techniques. The interpretations. And I had a laught when I saw the little baby that Gail added. It wasn't part of the original design, so it was a surprise to me. And although I see that the design I made doesn't work, I am glad I participated. I like what I got. I will make a border around it and this will remind me of this wonderful project. To see more, you can click on the photo.

2 opmerkingen:

Lynn Cohen zei

These group done pieces are such fun. I didn't see the baby at first but did when I went back again. So cute. Not sure which part is yours as I count more than six parts...??? It all seems to work for me. So are six full pieces circulating so you add to each of six and in the end each person gets a finished piece? So interesting. Wonder if we might try this in ATWI20Q some time?

Magpie's Mumblings zei

This one was fun to work on but I did have a hard time with deciphering it. I'm not sure what I did worked with the whole. However, I do love all the various techniques that came out on this one.